Thursday, February 4, 2010

New habit?

I've noticed as I get older and more and more things are introduced into my life, I have a harder time keeping track of it all. It'll be a good idea for me to blog about these things, whether they be pivotal moments in my life or just the movies I've watched recently and what I thought of them.

That's all I really had to say. After not blogging for so long, probably a big upset to the few people who actually follow this blog. Actually probably not even that big an upset, for obvious reasons. Well, that's my heads-up to those of you in the blogosphere keeping up with me. See you around.

Movies seen recently (kind of):
-Avatar (pretty with an elaborate universe, but stupid)
-Sherlock Holmes (fun, flawed, Robert Downey Jr. was awesome, probably enjoyed it more than I would have since I watched it with cool kids)
-Invictus (inspirational, good pacing, not exactly my cup of tea though, well-known American actors doing South African accents is awkward, and as always Morgan Freeman is a badass)
-Men Who Stare at Goats (amusing but overall disappointing, George Clooney's performance was strong but rest of cast was bleh)
-Up (finally got around to seeing this; was sweet, original, heart-wrenching, and thrilling)
-9 (like Avatar, pretty, but a lot of the artsy elements served no purposes, plagued with plot holes and a stupid plot, but humanoid dolls fighting sentient robots is always kind of cool--I would say "original," but the movie is based on a previously made short-film)
-Law Abiding Citizen (just plain awful, so please never watch this movie)

Movies I want to see:
-Fantastic Mr. Fox
-Up in the Air
-Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (an old movie, kind of a random urge)
-Where the Wild Things Are
-Youth in Revolt (not going to expect to much, though)

Music of interest at the moment:
-Ronald Jenkees
-The Shins (not so much a new interest but just can't seem to get sick of them)
-Ingrid Michaelson
-Mondo Grosso (Shinichi Osawa)
-Spoon (I've always had their albums on my hard-drive, but only in the last year did I realize how good they were)
-Nostalgic video game and cartoon music (I blame David and Andy, respectively, for this)

That actually ended up being longer than I had anticipated. Cool!

2 comments:

M.B. said...

Well, looks like SOMEBODY'S avoiding chemistry homework. :P

I jest.

Glad you've reappeared on the blogging radar. I was starting to miss you, hehe.

Darren Chan said...

Herro. I liked Up in the Air. It starred a sad, lonely George Clooney. :]