Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's over!

After months of preparation and practices (which failed pretty hard), Maria's Debut finally comes to a close. For those of you who slept in and didn't come, weren't invited, or just didn't notice, nothing really worked out the way it was supposed to. In fact, "Debut fail" should be a common term for any disjointed and disorganized party. This might sound like a bad Disney film, but despite everything failing, it was a lot more fun than I had expected. You kind of had to be there, but here's the nice sparknotes version of it:

-Most of court was later than we'd planned. Karthik and I left my house at 8:50, but we missed an exit, ended up in San Pedro somehow, and got there at like 10:15.
-Waltz was alright. We actually maintained a circle. Good job, court! -high five-
-Will emceed, which made every awkward moment funny. "tables 13, 14, and 15...just pretend I said something funny"
-Zach played his sexophone, while Andrew...didn't. lol
-Maria's sister Michelle sang while her "gentleman friend" (as Will referred to him) played guitar
-Hannah's candle speech made me laugh. Frances' almost made me cry. And some girl's who Maria didn't even know made me feel awkward. She had humongous calves btw, but that's irrelevant.
-Modern was...I won't get into it. But at least we humored the audience =D.
-The DJ couldn't get the order right the roses dances because he lost the song list. -_-
-Paul did the Numa Numa dance. I laughed so hard I almost threw my heart up.
-I was Dr. Gregory House. Very hot.
-And then we danced the afternoon away. Until the The Reef employees started opening the curtains which made everything really awkward.
-At some point Frankie was in the middle of a circle and he danced like he'd never danced before. Meanwhile on the peripherals of said circle, some of us were doing the awkward turtle dance in response.

And I was too busy to take pictures with my phone. Except for this one:
Excuse the lighting. I said "smile, show us your teeth!" and that's what Christine gives me. And hi Cindy.

Oh and I almost forgot about this one. I remember Karthik hated it:

Ooh and random: so I was walking around Target the other day while my grandpa was at the pharmacy, and I stepped into the glasses room/section. I thought to myself, "Hrm, what kind of glasses should I get if I want to look like a douchebag? And I found these:
Actually the glasses are fine, but the kid just pisses me off.

Happy Debut, Maria.

1 comment:

M.B. said...

Oh, Alexander Chang. You and your need for comments.

Debut was fun. :)