Saturday, February 28, 2009

Talent shown, talent spectated

Talent show. As much fun as the acts themselves are, I think my favorite part about talent show is going out there and seeing everyone. Seeing it the night of isn't better than watching it on youtube just because the audio quality sucks and it's hard to see recorded. Being there, talking to the people around you about how Young wore his cargo shorts (lol, talk about class) and hearing all of the obnoxious cheers is what really makes the night. 

However, I was a little sad at the end of the night since senior  year talent show had gone by and I hadn't ever been in one. There's a delicate trade off between the bliss from a performance well done, bonding with your fellow performer, and spectating freely without having to feel the anxiety and nerves of being on stage. This year, I had debated performing in talent show for a while, and obviously I chose not to. I'm still not sure whether or not I made the right choice, but it was an enjoyable night nonetheless. 

Hager wants our performances to be in some new auditorium or something so they can be at 16800 Shoemaker Ave. I say fuck that, because I'd really rather not be on campus on these special nights. 

and congrats to Maria and the other clubs consisting of cool people. You were great, darling (hah). 

1 comment:

M.B. said...

Glad you enjoyed it. <3