Friday, June 25, 2010

The In-Between 1

There's this song I like, and one of the verses goes like this:

"as for those things
that act as markers in your life
but in between
you can't remember"
Another song I like, it goes like this:

"all of my regret will wash away somehow
but I cannot forget the way I feel right now"

Those lyrics sum up pretty well my reasons for the new segment I've started on my blog, "The In-Between." I tend to blog when things come to mind, but I'm making a point of blogging at least once a week from now. Rather than throw bullshit out there just to meet that quota, I figured I would blog about the mundane happenings in between the "enlightening" events in my life. It'll help to document my life for future reference for better introspection and just reminiscing. These posts may not be that fun to read if you don't particularly care about what's happening in my life, but I'm doing it to keep me in the blogging mood, because talking to an imaginary audience of my peers keeps me sane, ironically enough. So here goes:

My first week of summer class comes to a close. It's Thursday evening/Friday morning, but I don't have lecture on Fridays (fuck yeah!), so I figure at least for this summer I'll be making these posts anytime between Thursday and Friday night. It's been a good week, since David is finally up here in Berkeley. The week before, I was in this odd limbo, since I didn't really have my room set-up and the apartment felt incomplete without all 6 of us in it.

Hrm I just realized I haven't done a terrific job of keeping all of my friends in the loop, so if you are in the loop, in these blog posts I might be saying things you already know of. So I'm living in a 3-bedroom apartment with David Anderson (who shares a room with me), Andy Cheng, Alex Lee (otherwise known as Xavier from Ecuador), Yuxi Tian, and Jeff Young. I'm taking Chem 3A and N3AL, which means I'm doing organic chemistry lecture and lab, though for the lab, instead of a lab lecture that the professor teaches, there are online lectures.

Living in an apartment has been an interesting experience so far. Living in a dorm, we never had to worry about cleaning, rent, food, etc., so there's an added stress to it, but at the same time it's fun dealing with these things. I feel like I'm in my own place now, rather than just borrowing someone's room for a year. And it sure helps to not have to eat Foothill food or sit in Foothill furniture or climb Foothill stairs every day -_-.

I'm also single right now, which is new. Haven't been for over one and a half years. I don't want to talk too much about the break up, but Maria and I are still the best of friends, and we have the utmost respect for each other. And that's what I've always wanted in life, anyway, so things are swell. It's been hard, for various reasons, but I'm getting by alright. More on all this later, though, because David and I are getting quite sleepy and this post is fairly long. I look forward to writing again.

2 comments:

M.B. said...

I like the new layout. Like a new beginning. (New beginning is redundant. Since when does anyone ever have an OLD beginning? -__-)

Anyway, I look forward to reading these In-betweens. :)

And I'm so happy that song means something to you. It's quite dear to me, as well.

Kevin Lam said...

YEAH!

Mundane is fun.